CTS










Project 1 Musical Performance – Daily Objects as Props and Performer 20% Group Work + 10% Individual Performance Date: Week 7 – 14th May 2015 – 8AM Individual Document Submission: Week 7 – 14th May 2015 – before 3PM 
Introduction
In this first assignment students are required to think beyond the common performance styles and functions of daily objects. Students are required to explore and experiment on the variety of possibilities that may come out of the object as a prop and as the main object of a performance. Utilizing object as a prop for a performance is part of the creative process that will enhance the student’s imagination.
Object has played an important role in all type of performances, from the Chinese fan dance to the Malay traditional candle dance. Often it’s easy to disregard the inanimate object and focus on the human performer. It’s only natural to notice the person performing and not the object. However in this assignment the object should be the main highlight of the performance.
Artists involve in object as props includes; The A.O. Movement Collective, Rebecca Davis, Martin Lanz, Abigail Levine, Juri Onuki, Nina Schwanse and Felisia Tandiono.
Objectives of Project
The objectives of this project;
• To identify critical thinking and idea generation skills through the investigation and application of a wide range of thinking skills and techniques.

CTS Project 1: Musical Performance - Daily Objects as Props and Performer


In our first CTS assignment, we are required to think beyond the common performance styles and functions of daily objects. We explored and experimented on the possibilities that may come out of the object as a prop and as the main object of a performance.

Most of the time, it is easy to disregard the object and focus on the human performer. It is natural for people to notice the person performing and not the object. However, in this assignment, the object should be the main highlight of the performance, which is a huge challenge for all of us.

There are 11 people in my group, namely Joe, Max, Yang, Naim, Ameer, Saba, Carolina, Natalie, Max, Gwen and I. We named our team 'CHARIOT' as it starts with a syllable that sounds exactly like 'Chair', which is our given object.

First and foremost, we did the Idea Process Report, which documents our ideas and thoughts regarding this assignment. We used the SCAMPER technique to generate ideas:















MY SCAMPER:
















The Presentation

After receiving Ms Delliya's advice, we brainstormed about the 'Wow Factor' and added the waltz and sexy dance into our performance. 

Next, we practised outside the lecture theatres until midnight.

PERFORMANCE DAY!!

Finally, after lots of hard work, it's performance day! Each team had to perform at Lecture Theatre 21. Our group was the fourth group to perform. Certain things did not go according to plan but it was still a great experience!


Through this project, I learnt how to communicate effectively with other people, especially when exchanging ideas and asking for opinions. Furthermore, we learnt how to think in a more creative and critical way. Most importantly, I learnt that teamwork and workmanship is crucial in a group project




CTS Journal Exercise 01:
IMAGINE THAT YOU ARE A MONSTER

Every single person has a monster hidden within them. For this journal exercise, we are suppose to unleash it!

For this exercise, I studied about monsters. Also, I created a mindmap about myself to understand more about my characteristics. After I understood who I am and what are my traits, I used that data and transformed myself into a skinny monster. 

My Journal:





This monster depicted me quite well through the process of brainstorming, you will be surprised what the end results will be and i opened myself into a new world of imaginations



CTS Journal Exercise 02:
MONSTER HIDEOUT

We are required to come out with a hideout the monster we created during the last journal exercise







I love this journal as it is the best looking to me although it had a lower/moderate mark than the first journal but i still like it as it expands my creativity



CTS Journal Exercise 03:
MY BEST FRIEND MONSTER EVENT

This idea journal exercise requires me to organize one event for my best friend, which is also a monster.

My best monster friend is a monster created by Tan Jia Yi, a fellow coursemate. I am going to organize a birthday party for her.















0 comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for commenting!!